Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Paper...part 1

So for my final paper, I'm choosing to write on the second topic where I will have to use Giles Slade's book, "Made to Break" to answer the following question: “With the recent rise of the environmental movement in this country, will America continue on the path of a disposable society described in Slade’s work or finally turn to the path of going green?” I choose this topic because I honestly think that it was a lot of substance to it. In today's day and age, we are evolving from a once wasteful society to a more 'go green' attitude. I feel that I can tie this movement in perfectly with Slade's work using ample sources from the media and latest technologies made today.

To answer the question without any research conducted thus far, I'm going to hypothesize that America is on a path of going green, and that Slade's vision of America as a disposable society is slowly deteriorating. Of course there will be debate and differences in my paper. I will undoubtedly find conflict in the financial and social interests of Americans when evaluating current society. But in terms of how Americans choose to live, and how necessary technology is to the individual; I will certainly find a lot of good juicy information with plenty of fuel to make this paper both interesting and enlightening to both myself and my reader.

I'll keep yall posted on the research...

No comments:

Post a Comment